Information regarding IBS in summer term 2019
Please note that this is a seminar that takes place throughout the whole day and presence is mandatory. If you cannot attend, you won’t be graded.
Content and goals of the course
This is a seminar on e-business and e-commerce with focus on disruptive innovation and mobile business. It addresses business strategies and e-marketing techniques to help you think of a possibly new e-business idea. This is not a system analysis and design of an e-commerce application. Nor is it a programming course. Our focus is on business and management, how to run an e-business, or simply, a business in a knowledge-driven and Internet-enabled economy.
At the end of the course, class participants should be able to:
- Apprehend the latest developments in e-business and e-commerce – in particular with e-business models, e-marketing, e-productivity, and one of the latest, social commerce.
- Understand and analyze the business environments surrounding the economy constantly disrupted by innovation.
Attendance is required for all dates. Please do not register if you already know that you cannot attend all courses.
Work will be done in groups of two students. It is advisable to identify a working partner prior to the kick-off date. The main task of this course is to create an own e-business or e-commerce idea including business model, marketing approach, etc.
All groups need to create a presentation to introduce their e-business or e-commerce idea as well as a seminar paper with a detailed analysis.
Location and Date
- Kick-Off (Kröckel): 25.04.2019 in room LG 5.430 at 16 hrs.
- Discussion of your ideas (Kröckel):
- Lectures (Bui):
- June 06, 2019, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., LG 4.154
- June 07, 2019, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., 0.016 Findelgasse
- Student presentations: June 17, 2019, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., LG 4.154
- Deadline for seminar papers: August 16, 2019
Course Registration for the summer semester 2019
You can register for the seminar here.
Registration is mandatory. The number of participants is limited to 24 students, and seminar places will be given on a first-come-first-served basis. After reaching this number, all succeeding registrations will be wait-listed. These students will be notified after the kick-off if they can participate or not.